Headlight, position light, turn signal light, side marker light and front fog light bulb replacement
(1) Headlight (High) (2) Headlight (Low) (3) Front turn signal light / Position light (4) Front fog light (if equipped)
WARNING - Halogen bulbs
Х Halogen bulbs contain pressurized gas that will produce flying pieces of glass if broken.
Х Always handle them carefully, and avoid scratches and abrasions. If the bulbs are lit, avoid contact with liquids. Never touch the glass with bare hands. Residual oil may cause the bulb to overheat and burst when lit. A bulb should be operated only when installed in a headlight.
Х If a bulb becomes damaged or cracked, replace it immediately and carefully dispose of it.
Х Wear eye protection when changing a bulb. Allow the bulb to cool down before handling it.
1. Open the hood.
2. Remove the headlight bulb cover by turning it counterclockwise.
3. Disconnect the headlight bulb socketconnector.
4. Unsnap the headlight bulb retaining wire by depressing the end and pushing it upward.
5. Remove the bulb from the headlight assembly.
6. Install a new headlight bulb and snap the headlight bulb retaining wire into position by aligning the wire with the groove on the bulb.
7. Connect the headlight bulb socketconnector.
8. Install the headlight bulb cover by turning it clockwise.
If the headlight aiming adjustment is necessary after the headlight assembly is reinstalled, consult an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Front turn signal, position, side marker and fog light bulbs (if equipped) If the light bulb is not operating, have the vehicle checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Turn Signal Operation
Pulling down on the lever causes the turn signals on the left side of the car to blink. Pushing upward on the lever causes the turn signals on the right side of the car to blink. As the turn is co ...
Front fog light switch
(If installed) To turn on the front fog lights, push the switch. They will light when the headlight switch is in the second position and the ignition key is in the "ON" position. NOTE ...
2012 Hyundai Elantra review By Steven Cole Smith
Just as Hyundai did with the new Sonata -- which matches and in many ways surpasses its top competition in the midsized category, the Honda Accord and Toyota Corolla -- the Korean company is hopin ...