Starting the engine
Always wear appropriate shoes when operating your vehicle. Unsuitable shoes (high heels, ski boots, etc.) may interfere with your ability to use the brake and accelerator pedal.
1. Carry the smart key or leave it inside the vehicle.
2. Make sure the parking brake is firmly applied.
3. Place the shift lever in the P(Park) position.
4. Depress the brake pedal.
5. Press the engine start/stop button.
6. In extremely cold weather (below - 18°C / 0°F) or after the vehicle has not been operated for several days, let the engine warm up without depressing the accelerator.
Whether the engine is cold or warm, it should be started without depressing the accelerator.
If the engine stalls while you are in motion, do not attempt to move the shift lever to the P (Park) position. If traffic and road conditions permit, you may put the shift lever in the N(Neutral) position while the vehicle is still moving and press the engine start/stop button in an attempt to restart the engine.
• Even if the smart key is in the vehicle, if it is far away from you, the engine may not start.
• When the engine start/stop button is in the ACC or ON position, if any door is open, the system checks for the smart key. If the smart key is not in the vehicle, the warning, "Key is not in vehicle" will come on, and if all doors are closed, the chime will also sound for about 5 seconds. The indicator will turn off while the vehicle is moving. Keep the smart key in the vehicle when using the ACC position or if the vehicle engine is on.
The engine will start only when the smart key is in the vehicle. Never allow children or any person who is unfamiliar with the vehicle to touch the engine start/stop button or related parts.
• If the battery is weak or the smart key does not work correctly, you can start the engine by inserting the smart key into the smart key holder. To eject the smart key from the smart key holder, press the smart key inward past the detent and then pull the key outward.
• When the stop lamp fuse is blown, you can't start the engine normally. Replace the fuse with a new one. If you are not able to replace the fuse, you can start the engine by pressing the engine start/stop button for 10 seconds with the engine start/stop button in the ACC mode. Always depress the brake pedal before starting the engine.
• Do not press the engine start/stop button for more than 5 seconds except when the stop lamp fuse is disconnected.
• When you eject the smart key from the smart key holder, press the smart key inward and pull it out. If you pull out the smart key forcibly without first pushing the smart key, the smart key holder may be damaged and couldn’t operate normally.
(1) Driver’s door power window switch (2) Front passenger’s door power window switch (3) Rear door (left) power window switch (4) Rear door (right) power window switch (5) Window opening and clo ...
Tires should be rotated every 7,500 miles (12,000 km). If you notice that tires are wearing unevenly between rotations, have the car checked by a Hyundai dealer so the cause may be corrected. ...
The ignition switch must be in the ON position for power windows to operate. Each door has a power window switch that controls the door's window. The driver has a power window lock switch which ...