Headlight aiming adjustment
Before performing aiming adjustment, make sure of the following.
1. Keep all tires inflated to the correct pressure.
2. Place the vehicle on level ground and press the front bumper & rear bumper down several times.
Place vehicle at a distance of 118 in. (3m) from the test wall.
3. See that the vehicle is unloaded (except for full levels of coolant, engine oil and fuel, and spare tire, jack, and tools). Have the driver or equivalent weight placed in driver's seat.
4. Clean the head light lenses and turn on the headlights (Low beam).
5. Open the hood.
6. Draw a vertical line (through the center of each headlight beam pattern) and a horizontal line (through the center of each headlight beam pattern) on the aiming screen.
And then, draw a parallel line at 0.8 in. (21 mm) under the horizontal line.
7. Adjust each cut-off line of the low beam to the parallel line with a phillips screwdriver - VERTICAL AIMING.
Never attempt to adjust the horizontal alignment of your headlights. Horizontal aiming must be adjusted by an authorized Hyundai dealer to avoid incorrect alignment that will reduce the effectiveness of your headlights.
Adjustment After Headlight Assembly Replacement
If the vehicle has had front body repair and the headlight assembly has been replaced, the headlight aiming should be checked using an aiming chart as shown in the illustration. Turn on the headlight switch. (Low Beam Position)
1. Adjust headlights so that main axis of light is parallel to center line of the body and is aligned with point "P" shown in the illustration.
2. Dotted lines in the illustration show the center of headlights.
Horizontal center line of headlights from ground: 35.6 in.(904 mm).
Distance between each headlight center: 53.4 in.(1,356 mm).
Distance between the headlights and the wall that the lights are tested against: 118 in. (3,000 mm).
Used Hyundai Elantra Models
Prior to the new, redesigned model, Hyundai offered the fourth-generation Elantra that ran from 2007-'10. Having established the Elantra as a legitimate contender in the compact segment with its p ...
(If installed) If your Hyundai has a roof rack, you can load things on top of your vehicle. Crossrails and fixing components to adapt the roof rack on your vehicle may be obtained from an author ...
For proper maintenance, safety, and maximum fuel economy, you must always maintain recommended tire inflation pressures and stay within the load limits and weight distribution recommended for your ...