Checking the transaxle fluid (automatic)
Transaxle fluid in the automatic transaxle should be checked at those intervals specified in the vehicle maintenance schedule in Section 5.
Automatic transaxle fluid is basically red color. As driving distance increases, the fluid color turns darkish red gradually. It is a normal condition and you should not judge the need to replace based upon the changing color.
You must replace the automatic transaxle fluid in accordance with intervals specified in the vehicle maintenance schedule in section 5.
Your Hyundai automatic transaxle is specially designed to operate with HYUNDAI GENUINE ATF SP III, DIAMOND ATF SP III, SK ATF SP III or other brands meeting the SP III specification approved by Hyundai Motor Co.. Damage caused by a nonspecified fluid is not covered by your new vehicle limited warranty.
Use of aftermarket ATF additives may cause damage to the automatic transaxle.
Only use HYUNDAI GENUINE ATF SP III, DIAMOND ATF SP III, SK ATF SP III or other brands meeting the SP III specification approved by Hyundai Motor Co.. If you are having your vehicle serviced at a facility other than a Hyundai dealer, verify that the correct ATF is used for your vehicle.
Transaxle Fluid Capacity
The fluid capacity of the automatic transaxle is 8.2 U.S. quarts (7.8 liters).
The transaxle fluid level should be checked when the engine is at normal operating temperature. This means that the engine, radiator, exhaust system etc., are very hot so you should exercise great care not to burn yourself during this procedure.
Checking the Automatic Transaxle Fluid Level
The automatic transaxle fluid level should be checked regularly.
Keep the vehicle on the level ground with the parking brake applied and check the fluid level according to the following procedure.
1. Place the shift lever in N (Neutral) position and confirm the engine is running at normal idle speed.
2. After the transaxle is warmed up sufficiently (fluid temperature 158~176∞F), for example by 10 minutes usual driving, move the shift lever through all positions then place the shift lever in N (Neutral) or P (Park) position.
3. Confirm if the fluid level is in УHOTФ range on the level gauge. If the fluid level is lower, add the specified fluid from the fill hole. If the fluid level is higher, drain the fluid from the drain hole.
4. If the fluid level is checked in cold condition (fluid temperature 68~86∞F), add the fluid to the УCOLDФ line and then recheck the fluid level according to the above step 2.
The cooling fan is controlled by engine coolant temperature and may sometimes operate even when the engine is not running.
Use extreme caution when working near the blades of the cooling fan, so that you are not injured by a rotating fan blade.
As the engine coolant temperature decreases, the fan will automatically shut off.
This is a normal condition.
Changing a Flat Tire
The procedure described on the following pages can be used to rotate tires as well as to change a flat tire. When preparing to change a flat tire, check to be sure the gear selector lever is in ...
ESC OFF usage
When driving Х ESC should be turned on for daily driving whenever possible. Х To turn ESC off while driving, press the ESC OFF button while driving on a flat road surface. Never press the ESC OFF ...
CD (PA710) (If Installed)
1. CD Loading Slot 2. CD Indicator 3. CD Eject Button 4. CD Selection Button 5. AUX Selection Button 6. Automatic Track Selection Button 7. Information Display Button 8. TUNE/ENTER Button 9. ...