ESC ON condition
• When the ignition is turned ON, ESC and ESC OFF indicator lights illuminate for approximately 3 seconds, then ESC is turned on.
• Press the ESC OFF button for at least half a second after turning the ignition ON to turn ESC off. (ESC OFF indicator will illuminate). To turn the ESC on, press the ESC OFF button (ESC OFF indicator light will go off).
• When starting the engine, you may hear a slight ticking sound. This is the ESC performing an automatic system self-check and does not indicate a problem.
When the ESC is in operation, ESC indicator light blinks.
• When the Electronic Stability Control is operating properly, you can feel a slight pulsation in the vehicle. This is only the effect of brake control and indicates nothing unusual.
• When moving out of the mud or driving on a slippery road, pressing the accelerator pedal may not cause the engine rpm (revolutions per minute) to increase.
ESC operation off
ESC OFF state
• To cancel ESC operation, press the ESC OFF button (ESC OFF indicator light illuminates).
• If the ignition switch is turned to LOCK position when ESC is off, ESC remains off. Upon restarting the engine, the ESC will automatically turn on again.
When ignition switch is turned to ON, the indicator light illuminates, then goes off if the ESC system is operating normally. The ESC indicator light blinks whenever ESC is operating or illuminates when ESC fails to operate.
The ESC OFF indicator light comes on when the ESC is turned off with the button.
Driving with varying tire or wheel sizes may cause the ESC system to malfunction. When replacing tires, make sure they are the same size as your original tires.
The Electronic Stability Control system is only a driving aid; use precautions for safe driving by slowing down on curved, snowy, or icy roads. Drive slowly and don’t attempt to accelerate whenever the ESC indicator light is blinking, or when the road surface is slippery.
Resetting the sunroof
Whenever the vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged, or related fuse is blown, you must reset your sunroof system as follows: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and close the sun ...
Brake hoses and lines
Visually check for proper installation, chafing, cracks, deterioration and any leakage. Replace any deteriorated or damaged parts immediately. ...
A vehicle’s electrical system is protected from electrical overload damage by fuses. This vehicle has 2 fuse panels, one located in the driver’s side panel bolster, the other in the engine comp ...